Thursday, April 25, 2013

Updates on Our Girl

Great News!  We Begin our Homestudy this weekend and We just received some new updates this week!  Yeah!


The new updates state that she is talking more, eats well, is very smart and is being potty trained and just needs to be reminded to goto the bathroom.  I am not getting my hopes as I know that coming here will be a big change and could completely through the potty training thing Off.

Sweet Alivia Grace<<<<<<

 
This picture was taken Jan. 2013.
 
 

This picture was taken April 2013.  She is getting Big! :)
 
She is 2years 5 months,  28 pounds (I am not sure with or with out all of the bundles of clothes:) and 33 inches tall. Small/to not even registering on the US charts and Average build for the Asian Charts for her age. 
 
 
 
She is progressing well it seems and this is wonderful for this environment as typically children regress one month for every 3 months institutionalized. 
 
 
The prayers are working. :)
 
 
Please continue to pray for:
  • her health, safety and developmental progress
  • that she knows that she has a loving family coming to get her
  • for our patience as we wait out this process
  • that we will have the confindence that all will work out in God's timing
  • that God will keep us calm and cover us with his love as we wait
  • that our fundraising opportunities will go well to get our girl home
  •  
Thank you very very much in advance for covering us with your prayers through this time.  They truly are being felt and you do not know how much it means.
 
So, How am I really doing?  Very well - (most of the time).  I am learning to Wise Up and let God take control. 
 
Emotionally - I am holding together very well - well until the carpet guy delivered the wrong color of carpet for Alivia Grace's room.  Ug - it was Brown not what I had imagined for a little girls room.   I was not thinking very Godly at the time when i saw the carpet (should have been thinking Oh, well I will just put a cute pink or lavender rug down and it will look adorable) but know my rotten side came out and I wanted a certain look for this little girls room Ug.  I was very calm and stated that this was not exactly what I had planned and they were very understanding.  Light Beige carpet would look very nice with Pink and Purple!  Well they did let me return the brown carpet and brought back the light beige carpet - thank heavens.  Our landlord was super accomodating thank heavens.  Anyway after the carpet guys left I had my first good cry in a really long time.  Accumulation of stress and leave it to the wrong color of carpet to open the flood gates - ug!
 
 
xoxo Traci


No comments:

Post a Comment