Monday, April 1, 2013

Her name will be....

Alivia Grace Wallin  - How did we come up with the name?

Well, Olivia has always been one of my favorite girl names.  Girl names in general are just difficult for me after years and years of teaching dance and having so many little girls.  I had several other names on a list however Brian knew of someone.........  Anyway we have always agreed on Olivia however, on Brian's side of the family it is common to use the "AL" in the beginning of the name (i.e.  Alana, Alan, Aldin, etc.).  So there you have it Alivia it is!

In this process - I continue to say that by the Grace of God we will meet our little girl.....  I just love the word and meaning behind the word grace.

grace  

/grās/
Noun
Simple elegance or refinement of movement.
Verb
Do honor or credit to (someone or something) by one's presence.
Synonyms
noun.  favour - favor - charm - elegance - mercy - gracefulness
verb.  adorn - decorate - ornament - embellish - deck - bedeck
The biblical meaning of grace is defined as divine blessing and unmerited favor from God.  This speaks th me at this time!

Other reasons I love Grace:  Grace Kelly of cource and I have a great aunt Grace!  I think you catch my drift.;)


So, if you have a child with the name grace or the middle name grace, I did not want to steal it - I just have a lot of attachment to the word. LOL.  Your daughter has been given the most beautiful name and/or middle name with great meaning.

Those of you that know me well know I did not want to give up my maiden name.  I have a name attachment issue to my name and I am not changing it lol.  My husband was a bit hurt by this initials but now we laugh about it together.  With this in mind I would like to add a second middle name to our Chinese daughter that might be a part of her given name or have Chinese meaning.  This will help her to carry a part of her history with her which I am sensitive to.  

So there you have it Alivia Grace Wallin!



No comments:

Post a Comment