Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Blessings found along the way

Yes, summer flew right by.  I can't believe the boys will be back to school in less than 2 weeks.

We have really had an awesome summer.  I will have to say I was very nervous about having them home all summer.  How would things go?  I knew we could not spend any money on camps - so this was our option.

I have come to the conclusion that this adoption has been super beneficial for us in so many ways.  God is working out his plan to grow and shape us in so many ways:

1.  The boys being home for the summer was of great benefit as the brothers became very close and really learned to get along as well as respect each other.  They are truly best buds and show love for one another.

2.  The boys learned to cook, clean, take care of plants, help out with the dogs, juicing, eating healthy, a little gymnastics here and there,..........  I know it is kinda of funny to hear.  Sounds like I am domesticating them - but truly they are learning about everyday life responsibilities this summer.  Reading and school enrichment activities were included as well but I have seen a huge difference in their "life skills"the most.

3.  Brennan learned to help mow the yard.  He was very excited to earn his wage of $4 (he set the wage).  Carson did not get off Scott free.  He helped pick up sticks and with weeding a bit.  He was so proud that he pulled 20 weeds.  Great job Guys!

4.  Couponing - I was never huge on coupons.  I enjoyed finding a good sale but I never really worked at coupons.  I am forever grateful for friends encouragement to keep me going and trying this Art!  It is an Art and a blessing!

5.  Attending Church as a family - for the first time ever in 8 years we have been attending church together as a family.  Brian would go here and there but not as regular until the adoption process.  Now we all Go - Miracle!

6.  Budgetting - I have to tell you we are trying our very hardest to make this work financially - but it is not easy.  Fund raising is very difficult and options and support are becoming slim.  I am staying very positive and persistent that God will provide. We are budgeting like crazy - happily cutting out many things that we would not otherwise.  Blessing in Disguise!

7.  Even the most frustrating things such as all of the paperwork and running around were all blessings in disguise.  I can see us growing everyday in this process.

8.  More time at home means more Board Games - yes, the boys are obsessed with Monopoly.  They have learned to make deals on properties - manage money etc....  Once again lots of life lessons.  Their love managing and developing their own cities in Megapolis as well.  I laugh when I hear them state that they need to go check a contract or they need to collect taxes.

9.  Forts and generally house disarray.  I have learned to be OK with a little mess day to day.  As my husband says - kids thrive in mess as it makes them comfortable and creative.  Creative yes I will agree with  - creating forts and all kinds of mazes and obstacle courses with blocks and dominos.  This has been work for me though - another one of God's plans as I tend to like everything cleaned up but realize I would take away from their "work of creativity"  if I was constantly frustrated with the "creative messes".  Soon enough they will back to school and things shall be tidy again.  Soon enough they will be grown and out of the house and I will probably be looking for a "mess" to enjoy- Ug

10.  I enjoy/like to have control - be proactive on things.  Wow!  this situation has taught me that no matter how fast I prepare the paperwork, no matter how fast i send off papers - this is all very helpful of course but ulimately there are things I can not control such as - the agencies preparation of papers, the governments preparation of papers, China's preparation of documents etc....  So much of it is out of our control and we give this all to God and know that it will work in his timing.  This has been such and comfort in these times.

11.  We submitted to God when he called us to adopt - even when we did not know financially how it would all work.  There were many fears but we moved forward resting in the comfort of God's love that this would all work out.  Trusting in Gods plan and not our own - Blessing!

12.  I have had to become very strong to fight for what I believe in.  That orphans are important to us and they deserve a life, a forever home and loving family.   This was difficult - but it was part of God's plan to make me stronger in what I /we believe in and to be a Voice for the least of these.

I could go on and on about the many Blessings of this Adoption process.  I am so amazed already about God's work in all of this.  I can't wait to see what is to come as we Grow through next and last bit of challenges.

Thank you again for all of the prayers.

Love -
Traci xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment