Monday, August 12, 2013

Reality strikes - Video link

I received some very good advice yesterday.  I am so glad.  I tend to try and be so positive yet adoption can bring much heartache and I need to remember not to get my hopes up.

This difficult reminder that I know but somehow forget is that our little girl is coming from rural China. She may or may not be getting the packages I send, she gets 3 small meals per day, she may or may not sleep in a bed, she may or may not know love, ............Back to the packages - Even if she does receive the packages they may never put the clothes on her or let her play with the toys.  We just don't know as many families have adopted and each have had different experiences.

Again - it is wise to Realize (as difficult as it is) that this is a difficult place.  I don't think any of us can even begin to comprehend.

This video tells the truth of the mother that must give up her child and the gift of adoption.  This is the reality:


I will keep my eyes focused on God who has brought us to this place of adoption.  I will not forget the difficult place she came from.  I will keep the faith and hope for her future.  God goes before us ....... I see this in the people that I come into contact with as we prepare for this journey.  Thankful.


I know in my heart that no matter what this precious girl has gone through - we can not take that away - her history will be her history and with that comes great possibilities for a great future.  We can give her a forever home, a loving stable home, education, medical care and so much more.





Forgiveness




2 comments:

  1. Wow! I am impressed how fast your process is going. We started the process almost a year ago and still haven't been matched. We have been LID since march. Did you see your daughter on a list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, she was waiting child. Best wishes in your journey.

    ReplyDelete